- The truth about Email Petitions
Please take note!
- Just a word to the wise. Email petitions are NOT acceptable to Congress or any other municipality.
To be acceptable petitions must have a signed signature and full address.
Almost all email that ask you to add your name and forward on to others are similar to that mass letter years ago that asked people to send business cards to the little kid in Florida who wants to break the Guinness Book of Records for the most cards. All it was and all this email is is to get names and "cookie" tracking info for tele-marketers and spammers to validate active email accounts for their own purposes.
Any time you see an email that says forward this on to "10" of your friends, sign this petition, or you'll get good luck or whatever, has either an email trac ker program attached that tracks the cookies and emails of those folks you forward to or the host sender is getting a copy each time it gets forwarded and then is able to get lists of "active" emails to use in spam emails or sell to others that do.
If you want to forward stuff like this because it's interesting, take off all the "front" info and all the forwards and DON'T add your name to them.
Forward this to others and you will be providing a good service to your friends and will be rewarded by not getting 30000 spam emails in the future
I always doubted if these email petitions ever accomplished anything. Now I am going to delete all petitions no matter what they promote. If anyone can show me where a petition has ever had any results I will reconsider.
- NOTE: there are very very few petitions that allow you to sign up on the internet
and those have specific web sites you must go to in order to do so.
Give everybody a break by not forwarding all those petitions.
- Defining Different Heights
** Height of Isolation: Two people sitting side by side using e-mails to communicate with each other.
- ** Height of Cowardice: Two persons fighting through e-mails.
- ** Height of Helplessness: Receiving no e-mails for a week.
- ** Height of Frustration: The email server being down.
- ** Height of Carelessness: Writing a love mail and doing a 'Send All.'
- ** Height of Achievement: A person sending email to a girl wanting to become friends and getting a reply.
- ** Height of Timepass: A person sending email to himself.
- ** Height of Expectation: Sending Indian cricket team an e-mail, wishing them to win a match.
- Send this Homepage to a friend: